Enphase Battery Storage
The high-performance energy storage solution brings you more intelligence and better value than anything else, with the industry’s lowest cost of entry and best lifetime value. It pairs seamlessly with Enphase microinverters and other solar technologies to help you make the most of your energy.
Lower upfront costs
- More affordable than other storage options
- Simple installation keeps extra costs low
- Modular for a solution that’s exactly what you need
- 96% round-trip efficiency
- 2 cycles per day for twice the value and faster payback
- Most usable capacity (>95% D.O.D.)
- Lithium iron phosphate chemistry from Eliiy Power for long cycle life
- Minimum 10-year expected life
- No single point of failure
Solar's basic dilemma, solved.
Like bread and butter, black and white, sun and sand -- solar and storage are a perfect pair. Storage addresses a fundamental problem of solar energy: while solar production peaks during midday, energy consumption is highest in the morning and evening. With storage, you can save the energy you produce for when you need it most.
Storage systems come in two varieties: AC-coupled or DC-coupled. AC-coupled systems connect to a solar array on the AC side, while DC-coupled systems connect on the DC side. The most obvious advantage of DC-coupled systems is that they allow both the solar array and battery to be served by a single inverter. AC-coupled systems offer equivalent efficiency to DC-coupled systems with advantages in flexibility, reliability, and safety. The Enphase AC battery is an example of an AC-coupled system, while Tesla’s Powerwall is an example of a DC-coupled system.
AC-coupled system advantages
- Minimises high-voltage DC indoors
- Solution can be retrofitted to existing solar installations
- More incrementally scalable
DC-coupled system advantages
- One inverter handles all conversion for PV and batteries.
- Equivalent efficiency to AC-coupled systems